launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

New project 'qpdfview'

Dear 'Launchpad Translators' team admins,

I hope this is the correct way to announce a new project that needs help
with its translations. (Or should this rather go to the team mailing
list directly?)

The project is called 'qpdfview' (i.e. https://launchpad.net/qpdfview)
and is a simple tabbed PDF viewer using the Poppler library and the Qt
toolkit. Work started in February and we are currently at the end of the
development cycle for version 0.3 which is to be released when
translation and documentation work and some bug-fixing/polishing is
done. We already have some (partial) translations in place which are
manually imported by converting from the gettext to the Qt format. The
single template currently amounts to 105 strings.

Any help in finishing those translations and creating new ones would be
greatly appreciated. Equally, any advice on how to approach potential
translators. Thanks.

Best regards, Adam Reichold.

P.S.: Is there some established policy of importing translation
contributors in the CONTRIBUTORS file distributed with the source code?
Currently, I try to add them deciding on whether to add an e-mail
address based on the corresponding Launchpad setting.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Adam Reichold (https://launchpad.net/~adamreichold)