Re: Introducing the OSHIP Project

El ds 26 de 09 de 2009 a les 09:03 -0300, en/na Tim Cook va escriure:
> Hi All,
>
> While we have had some success with project specific translators.  As
> project lead I have just discovered this group and the assistance it can
> bring to OSHIP. I am only vaguely familiar with the processes of getting
> the files uploaded and ready fro translation.  Therefore if there is
> something I can/need to do to help the translation process along please
> do feel free to educate me. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Tim Cook
>
> https://launchpad.net/oship/

Hi Tim,

Thanks for letting translators know about OSHIP. In terms of what you
can do to help the translation process, I would simply recommend you
defining translation milestones in your release process, so that
translators know when they should start translating and when they will
be able to see the result of their work. This can be as simple as
defining a "String freeze" (*) period e.g. 2 weeks before release and
announcing it on this list, along with the deadline to get translations
in.

Another thing you can do to ease the process, both from your side as a
maintainer and for translators, is to automate the import of translation
templates to Launchpad and translation commits to a bzr branch.

Here you will find more information on:

* Automatic template imports from bzr [1][2]
* Automatic translation commits to bzr [3][4]
* General information on how to set up projects for translations in
Launchpad [5]

I hope this helps.

Regards,
David.

(*) This terminology is a convention used by several OSS projects, and
it means that during that period he strings are "frozen". That is, the
developers guarantee that there will not be code changes which will
modify strings, which are stable for translators to translate.

[1]
http://blog.launchpad.net/translations/importing-translations-and-translation-templates
[2]
http://blog.launchpad.net/translations/screencast-importing-translation-templates-from-a-bazaar-branch