Re: Launchpad Dutch Translators

Hi Redmar,

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:43, Redmar <redmar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am happy to present the new Launchpad team for Dutch translators:
> https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-nl
> We already have one pending member, and when 'Ubuntu Dutch Translators'
> has a new owner this team will become a subteam of Launchpad Dutch
> Translations, so that we will have a small community to start with.
> Needless to say the focus of this team will not be on Ubuntu, but on
> other open projects in Launchpad.

Thanks to letting us know! Great work!

> This is my first email to this list, and I already have a question
> prepared: How should we decide which programs to translate. In the
> 'translation' tab of the team page there is a list of programs that have
> suggestions that need reviewing, but there are no programs marked as
> 'still needs new translations'. I know that for Ubuntu there is a
> certain preferred order in which one should translate programs, based on
> their popularity. Is there such a list for all projects in Launchpad
> which we could use to determine our priority’s?

No there is not a such a list for Launchpad translations. I think that
creating such a list could be a lot of work: Launchapd is a more
broader project than Ubuntu, and has different "programs" that can be
translated. Different software packages with different needs and
releases.

I think that a Launchpad translators team should be more a
coordinating team, helping and guiding people that would like to
translate and contribute.

Personally for the Italian team I will put up (have to find the
time...) a wiki page on an external wiki with the list of packages and
the people who are actually translating it, in order to keep track of
the work.

Any other suggestion or idea is absolutely welcome!

Ciao!

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>