Chromium update and translations news

Hi,

[relaying what i just posted on my blog in case you don't read planet
Ubuntu]
http://ftagada.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/new-chromium-security-update-and-translations-news/

I’ve just submitted a security update of Chromium to Ubuntu Natty and to
my fellow security sponsor Jamie for Maverick and Lucid.
It’s a minor update of Chromium version 8, namely 8.0.552.237~r70801.

The only tiny packaging change is that I landed 2 new languages that
have a good enough coverage. So congratulations to the Basque and
Galician translators, who started from scratch a few weeks ago and
reached 100% of over 3200 strings in trunk, future version 10. That’s
over 90% once backported to the (older) stable branch. You joined the 51
other languages already supported (inherited from Google Chrome),
languages which also got their strings refreshed (same backport of the
Launchpad strings).

Special mention to the Spanish, Chinese, Galician and Basque translators
who are racing almost every single day to stay on top of trunk.

I would also like to thank the Asturian and Uyghur translators who also
started from scratch and already submitted strings. After considering it
for a while, I figured the coverage was still too limited for a stable
version and it may give a false impression of bad quality to some users,
so it was best to wait before unveiling your work. I hope you will make
it for Chromium 9 soon. Remember that every single string is visible in
the daily builds and in the channel builds (-dev/-beta/-stable PPAs).

I will try to define some milestones and goals for each template in the
coming days in order to help those who would like to join the club of
the now 53. So stay tuned and keep up the good work!

/Fabien