Re: Heat up Launchpad bug #25 (Allow discussion/commenting on translations)

Dear Aputsiaq Janussen,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Aputsiaq Janussen <aj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Launchpad translators,
>
> There is Lauchpad bug/feature request #25 that asks for a feature that
> allows for discussion/commenting among the local language teams.
> If implemented it could improve the translation process and the quality a
> lot.

This is certainly a tool of the cloud, will equip the local language
contributors to interact easily and promptly.

> The bug was filed in 2005, it has a blueprint - but sadly it is marked
> with low priority.

My bad, never heard of this, though I'm a member in launchpad since 2005.

> Bad translations can cause a lot of trouble for both novice and expert
> users, so it deserves higher priority.

+1

> You can affect the effort to implement #25 by giving heat.
> (Perhaps you're good at sweet talking the project managers and
> Launchpad developers? Go do it!)
>
> Here is how you give "heat" to a bug :
> 1. Go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/25
> 2. Click "This bug affects me too" (text in green) and select that it does.
> 3. Suggest that members of your local language team's mailing list do the
> same.

I'm going to translate this plead into Bengali and will forward to our
local mailing lists.

> We, the translators, are spread across 328 languages and 42 translation
> groups.
> Please weigh in and help improve the translation effort, that so far
> has been carried out by more than 60000 volunteers.

Good findings of stats. :)

Regards
mak_
Member of Bengali Team.