Re: SPAM-LOW: Launchpad 2.1.12: new bug tracker plugin API

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:05:38AM +0000, Gavin Panella wrote:
> > > Launchpad can already import the status of a bug report
> > > that's in another tracker, such as Debian's BTS or Sourceforge.
> >
> > So I recently tried to do this for my nunit-2.5 project, but it
> > ended up pointing at the bug tracker for SF itself and I had
> > to remove it. Does setting this up require some administrative
> > intervention? If so, it would be nice feature to let us set it
> > up ourselves. :-)
>
> There is just the one SourceForge bug tracker for all SF projects, so
> that's correct. Have a look at our page for the SF tracker:
>
>   https://launchpad.net/bugs/bugtrackers/sf
>
> You'll see that a lot of projects are using the SF tracker, so you're
> in good company. On <https://launchpad.net/nunit-2.5/+edit>, set "Bugs
> are tracked:" to "In a registered bug tracker: SourceForge.net
> Tracker" and everything else should just work.

Maybe this has been answered already, but I think the problem Charlie
has is that he actually uses Launchpad for bug tracking, and we don't
allow adding bug watches if the project use Launchpad -- a shortcoming
that comes from our rather naïve view of the project bugtracker (many
projects moving to Launchpad are in transition and as such will have
bugs in both places).

Or does it? Looking at

    https://edge.launchpad.net/nunit-2.5/

it doesn't say it tracks bugs anywhere. At any rate, my last suggestion
is to organize a mass-import of NUnit's SF bugs into Launchpad and
tracking it all here.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko