Re: how to upload crash reports?

Hello!

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 15:36 +0530, shirish wrote:
> Hi all,
>     Is there anyway to upload crash reports?
>
> [...]
> Is there anyway to get it transported from /var/crash to launchpad
> without involving the browser?

A few days ago, I was told on #ubuntu-bugs that you can upload a
bug-report from /var/crash using apport, and was directed to the man
page for details.

I didn't try this, because in the meanwhile I managed to get a trace
with gdb, but I've found this in the man page for apport-cli:

-c report, --crash-file=report
  Instead of walking over the new crash  reports  in  /var/crash/,
  report  a particular report in an arbitrary file location.  This
  is useful for copying a crash report to a machine with  internet
  connection and reporting it from there.

Tommaso