Re: Merging Branches

On 03/13/2009 04:24 PM, Michael Terry wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 16:20 -0300, Tim Cook wrote:
>> I've read all about the review process, but how does the actual merge
>> take place?
>
> As far as I know, the merge has to be done manually by the branch owner.
> I think this is in part because conflicts may arise.

And some projects are set up with a robot to be the gatekeeper. This is
nice because you don't get the "tests work on my machine" problem. I'm
using PQM now on several projects: https://launchpad.net/pqm

Tarmac is a pretty neat tool that will probably replace PQM on my next
project, it uses the launchpad API to automatically try merging any
branches proposed for merging that have been marked as approved. The
project still needs a bit of work but is promising.
https://launchpad.net/tarmac

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/