GNOME moving to GIT and Status of Automated Imports to LP?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here we go. As
anyone following GNOME development knows, they will be shortly moving
their development from SVN to GIT. The official announcement has just
been made. [1]

What are the consequences of this move on the automated VCS imports of
GNOME projects to bzr branches on Launchpad? Will this resource
continue? Is there any specific help needed for this transition?

Thanks,

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio
Ubuntu Contributing Developer

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2009-March/msg00005.html