Re: Coming changes: Linking project releases in Launchpad to milestones

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 10:49 -0700, Mike Rooney wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Curtis Hovey
> <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > We believe this change will make releases and milestones much more
> > useful. Please do report bugs or email us if you have any comments.
>
> I agree, this is a solid improvement, great work everyone!
>
> I just have one question. As you mention, it is good now to try to
> clean up any milestones / series / etc that are incorrect before they
> go through the upgrade. I have a milestone which is against the wrong
> series, and on staging there is just a drop-down to change the series
> the milestone is against, but this doesn't exist on normal/edge
> launchpad. I can change it in staging but that obviously won't really
> do anything. So how can I change the series that the milestone
> corresponds to currently?

This is indeed a frustration. Moving a milestone to a different series
can by done by launchpad admins right now if you ask a question at
https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+addquestion.

If you wait until after the 2.2.3 release, you can:
    1. Edit the milestone to change the series
    2. Edit the release to use the milestone
    3. Delete the unwanted milestone

I suspect there are series that are marked as obsolete that users would
prefer to delete. Launchpad admins can delete series, and that will
delete to unwanted milestones too. We intend to improve on the project
series pages in the next release, and allowing owners to delete series
is a feature I want to address.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/