Re: https ? why?

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:51:56PM -0700, Monty Taylor wrote:
> > In any case, I would think that Launchpad only publishes resources,
> > including tarballs, using valid certs.
> >
> > Can you give me some example URLs where you're seeing this problem?
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/drizzle/trunk/ongoing/+download/drizzle-2009.04.973.tar.gz

Well, as I was trying to point out, this is actually not linked to from
the download page itself :-)

    https://edge.launchpad.net/drizzle/trunk/ongoing/
    https://edge.launchpad.net/drizzle/+download

> https://edge.launchpad.net/drizzle/trunk/ongoing/+download/drizzle-2009.04.973.tar.gz
> Resolving edge.launchpad.net... 91.189.90.244
> Connecting to edge.launchpad.net|91.189.90.244|:443... connected.
> ERROR: cannot verify edge.launchpad.net's certificate, issued by
> `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com,
> Inc./OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/CN=Go Daddy Secure
> Certification Authority/serialNumber=07969287':
>   Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

Now this is a bit odd. I wonder if your certificates package works fine,
as this root cert should validate fine. I mean, Firefox doesn't
complain, right?

> I just noticed that the tarball download links have magically become
> http links. WOOT. Thanks to whoever did this, whenever they did it.

I think it was Brad a while back but my memory in this old age..
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko