> https://edge.launchpad.net/drizzle/trunk/ongoing/+download/drizzle-2009.04.973.tar.gz

> -bash-3.00$ wget
> https://edge.launchpad.net/drizzle/trunk/ongoing/+download/drizzle-2009.04.973.tar.gz
> --2009-04-14 23:42:30--
> https://edge.launchpad.net/drizzle/trunk/ongoing/+download/drizzle-2009.04.973.tar.gz
> Resolving edge.launchpad.net... 91.189.90.244
> Connecting to edge.launchpad.net|91.189.90.244|:443... connected.
> ERROR: cannot verify edge.launchpad.net's certificate, issued by
> `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com,
> Inc./OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/CN=Go Daddy Secure
> Certification Authority/serialNumber=07969287':
>   Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
> To connect to edge.launchpad.net insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
> Unable to establish SSL connection.

that's most likely a bug with your flavour of UNIX (I get it's Solaris),
which doesn't have its CA certificate bundle up to date

>> If they work without warning in Firefox and/or another browser, but
>> fail with wget, it might just be that wget does not recognise a few
>> certificate providers, or a specific one, in which case one of us
>> should file a bug against wget in Ubuntu to ask that it recognise
>> Launchpad's certificates.
>>
>>   https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wget/+filebug

I doubt it's wget, on Linux it's usually a separate package handling the
system-wide CA certificates

> I just noticed that the tarball download links have magically become
> http links. WOOT. Thanks to whoever did this, whenever they did it.

maybe it was a problem of linking; I don't remember the librarian links
being https, but then again my memory is not so good :)