Is anyone using launchpadlib to send non-binary data to addAttachment?

I'm working on a fix for this bug:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpadlib/+bug/353805

If you've tried to create a bug attachment you've probably run into it.
The problem is that launchpadlib doesn't handle the binary data
correctly, so you can't upload binary data when invoking a named
operation.

I have a fix, but the fix means that anyone who's currently happy
sending *non-binary data* into addAttachment, will have to upgrade to
the new version of launchpadlib. I'd like to know if anyone is sending
plain text diffs or crash reports to addAttachment. If so, how difficult
would it be for you to upgrade? This way I can decide whether to put in
backwards compatibility code.

Leonard