Creating a "Series" for the Linux kernel

I manually created a 2.6.22 Series for "The Linux Kernel" in launchpad
and believe I did it the proper way.  However, I have a few questions
after going through the process.

1) Is the process supposed to be manual?
2) Is the process of creating a series and the relationship between
upstream projects and Ubuntu packages documented somewhere?
3) Should series for 2.6.17 and 2.6.20 also be created?

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com