error updating OOPS-586D2698

[apport] package update-manager failed to install/upgrade: ErrorMessage: SystemError in cache.commit(): E:Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I get this error when trying to update from 6.10 to 7.04 ubuntu what d I do to get rid of the error?

--
Any question or comments you can email me at any time.
I will get back to you as fast as I can.

Thank you and have a nice day!!

Kenny Leitz
Your Fellow Tech. Guy
113 Berkshire Bay, R2J 2L9