Re: PPA using existing builds

On 8/7/07, Mario Limonciello <superm1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> > Quoting Mario Limonciello <superm1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have been attempting to make use of PPAs for the last few days, but
> >> been having troubles.
> >>
> >> I have two applications that I wanted to build.  The second one needs to
> >> use the binaries that were produced from the first.  It's appearing as
> >> though these aren't available in the package lists on the PPA when
> >> trying to build the second.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to add them?
> >
> > They are automatically added but it takes a while.
> >
> > If your PPA package A depends on PPA package B, upload B, wait until
> > you see it in your repository, then upload A. You can set a queue
> > delay to build A, as well, but I would not recommend it as you cannot
> > be sure how long after building will it take for B to move to the
> > repository.
> >
> > For instance, in my PPA I have 'witty' which depends on 'asio' and 'mxml'.
> >
> Well the upload that depended on a binary in the PPA was already
> uploaded (and of course failed).  Is there a method to just requeue it
> into the build queue so that I don't need to do the version number bump
> and reupload dance?

Yes, I think we have already sorted this on IRC, but just for the record:

 * Go to the failed-to-build page (something like +me/+archive/+build/12345)
 * Click on the 'Retry build' link in the Action menu (upper-left portlet)

Considerations:

 * Only owners of PPAs (or team administrators of Team PPAs) will be
able to 'retry' failed builds;
 * Only *failed* builds will allow retry (failed-to-build,
missing-deps, broken-chroot, failed-to-upload);
 * Check the failure reason carefully, most of them will require a
'fix', either in the package itself (so build-retry won't work, you
will need a new upload) or in the PPA (missing build-deps for
instance).

Thanks
[]
--