Re: Feature request: PPA statistics

On 8/17/07, Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would it be possible to get usage statistics for the PPAs? Something
> like the popularity-contest package, but for PPAs. It may help to
> choose which new packages enter Ubuntu (and to know if anyone but me
> is using my packages :-)

Hi Pau,

It's a very interesting idea ...

However we don't even support the ubuntu popularity-contest statistics
in Launchpad yet.

As the advent of "Launchpad API" shows up, I think we will be able to
implement something in this direction, which will consider PPA
packages as well.

IMHO, we could open an specification/blueprint about this topic and
start gathering suggestions.

Thanks
[]
--