Image generator to track bugs in forums or blogs

Hello all,

I've been wanting to see the Ubuntuforums and Launchpad a bit more
integrated for some [1] time [2] now [3], and since I haven't been
successful at it, I went a different direction.

I would also like to ask everyone reading this, please don't make it
too public yet (don't digg it, for example), as it's still in beta
stage, and I wouldn't want any servers to go down just yet :D

That said, I'd like to present the latest addition to ubuntustats.com:

http://bugs.ubuntustats.com/

An image generator with bug information, which auto-updates to reflect
the latest status of a bug in Launchpad.
This is especially useful when referring to a specific bug in a forum
or blog post, so when someone lands there a few months later, they can
know that the referred bug has been fixed.

We do have a few known bugs:

- It currently only updates Ubuntu bugs. It does generate images for
all Launchpad bugs, but just updates Ubuntu ones. This will be fixed
in the future, but is not our main goal at the moment.
- Some bugs do not generate properly, #111257 for example. This will
be fixed soon.
- It's a bit slow. We have limited resources and are not using the
most ideal ways of obtaining information. We hope to resolve this soon
too.

At this stage I would love some feedback while we work on the
performance issues we might have when releasing into the mainstream.

This, again, has been made possible also thanks to Felipe Lerena who
does most of the heavy lifting code-wise, so a big thanks to him.

Martin

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/launchpad-users/2007-March/001184.html
[2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/launchpad-users/2007-March/001219.html
[3] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=384627