Malone UI changes

Hello everybody,

I'd like to start a discussion about how we could get better
notification of UI changes.

bughelper and python-launchpad-bugs are now part of Ubuntu's
infrastructure. We use these tools to

      * find certain classes of bugs
      * modify masses of bugs at the same time
      * file bugs
      * integrate small tools with Launchpad

For python-launchpad-bugs to do its work, we parse Launchpad HTML. Even
subtle changes break the code every now and then. We have to find them
out manually.

Markus Korn put a huge amount of work into

      * refactoring the whole python-launchpad-bugs API, to allow
        different backends once we have them
      * using Xpath to help with parsing the Launchpad pages

These two changes make it much easier for us to factor in necessary
changes and get our tools going again, even with newer versions and new
UI of Launchpad.

Still it'd be nice to have a way to understand UI changes better and to
be aware of them. This includes new columns in tables, new required
arguments for HTML forms and so on.

What can we do to stay in the loop and not have to do work manually?

Have a nice day,
 Daniel