Re: Bug Status perceptions and pyschological impact

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:48:24 +0200, Siegfried-Angel wrote:

>In my opinion if a bug is fixed outside Launchpad it should also be
>set to «Fix Released» once the version where it's fixed is out.
>
>It isn't «Invalid» since it was there, but adding another status

According to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status Fix Released is for:

For upstream projects, a release tarball was announced and is publicly
available

      * For package maintainers, a fix was uploaded to an official
        Ubuntu repository

              * This does not include -proposed i.e. feisty-proposed

              * Please don't hesitate to add a changelog as a comment,
                so people know what to look out for

The scenario I'm discussing is totally different. It is where the user
has found some solution not involving a known package release that has
resolved the bug.

The solution might indeed be a side-effect of an updated package, but it
could equally be a result of a work-around or change in configuration -
the key point being, neither the user nor the bug-managers can be sure
what resolved the issue but it has gone away.