Re: xubuntu-docs templates

On 9/26/07, Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos.perello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

El mar, 25-09-2007 a las 23:47 +0200, Luzius Thöny escribió:
> I would like to manually upload the POT templates for the 'xubuntu-docs'
> package. Could someone tell me how to do that?

You need to be member of the ubuntu-doc team, then, go to the template
URL like:

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/xubuntu-docs/+pots/desktopguide

and select the 'Upload a file' action entry to upload a new .pot file
manually for that template.

OK, thanks.

> Currently, there are a lot of Xubuntu templates in queue for the
> 'ubuntu-docs' package (here:
> https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/ubuntu-docs/+imports
> ). that's a mistake, though; those should be removed. for the

Already removed.

Great.

> 'xubuntu-docs' package, there are currently only the old feisty
> templates available (here:
> https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/xubuntu-docs/+translations).
> Those should also be removed, and they should be replaced by the new POT
> files which I want to upload manually.

Are you just changing the content of those templates or did you
rename/split them too?

If you just changed the content, upload a new .pot version as explained
earlier in this email, if you are adding new ones, I would prefer that
you use the standard way to add new templates for Ubuntu, introduce
those .pot files in the xubuntu-docs package so we automatically add
those files to the import queue. If that's not possible, I would
appreciate a good explanation because we (the admins) need to do it by
hand.

Unfortunately, I need to split/rename the templates. I know that standard procedure is to have them imported automatically with the package upload. The problem is, I have requested on 'xubuntu-devel'  ML to upload the package, but there was no reaction so far. I assume the devs are very busy/away. So I thought that it would be good to upload the templates manually, since we are already quite late compared to ubuntu and kubuntu... What do you think? If it means a lot of trouble for you, I can try (again) to convince the xubuntu-devs that they should upload the package soon.