my 2 cents to PPA evaluation.

Hello,

I am now using launchpad PPA for a few days and must mention this is a great service to provide to the community: ease of use is great, even for a packager-beginner as me.

Even if lots did already I would like to point out a few improvements that I would like to see happen to these PPAs:
1) a means to remove a package, either to recover from a packaging error (I'm not exactly familiar with versionning nomeclature, for instance) or just get rid of it.
2) a support for other distributions than Release (actually I'm mostly interested in backports, especially dapper-backports, as it is bit too out-dated to my needs)
3) an estimation of the time before built after an upload... or let's say just "how many packages will be built before yours".

Nevertheless, huge thanks to the initiators of this idea.
Bertrand.