Re: my 2 cents to PPA evaluation.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 04:39:13PM +0200, B Berteh wrote:
> 1) a means to remove a package, either to recover from a packaging error (I'm not exactly familiar with versionning nomeclature, for instance) or just get rid of it.

This will be made possible the release after the next (1.1.11). We had
to change the way package removals were handled inside Soyuz to be able
to do this properly.

> 2) a support for other distributions than Release (actually I'm mostly interested in backports, especially dapper-backports, as it is bit too out-dated to my needs)

Well, there may be some confusion here. You can upload packages based on
a package in any of the Ubuntu "pockets" (updates, backports, security).
Your own PPA only publishes to an ubuntu/ directory, but that shouldn't
be a problem.

Can you explain exactly what it is you are trying to do that you can't
do?

> 3) an estimation of the time before built after an upload... or let's say just "how many packages will be built before yours".

Indeed; I don't think there are any bugs filed on presenting a PPA build
queue, but if there aren't, you should file one!
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125