RE: no links working

It is "just" the wiki, i.e. ALL pages of the Wiki, including those linked at
the bottom of the pages (FAQ, ...) because they use the Wiki CSS stylesheet
"style.css" that has problems with the "clear" class (see the impact of
".clear{overflow:hidden}").

I have debugged it by looking at what was happening with a DOM browser and
copying the pages locally to test the necessary changes.
Forget trying to fix the height to 0 for <br class="clear"/>, it does not
work (and this is a known problem of HTML where it cannot fully conform to
CSS, the way it is specified, because it is a dual element that generates in
fact both an inline sub-element AND a floating sub-element, whose heights
must behave differently; this cannot be fixed with CSS1, but only with XSL;
or by using CSS3 with an ":after" pseudo-selector).

The intended default style behaviour of the <br> element in HTML is in fact
similar to:

br {
	display: inline;//not block!
	width: 0;//does not extend the minimum width for current line
height: 1em;//set minimum height for current line
}
br                :after,
br[clear="none"]  :after,
br[clear="all"]   :after,
br[clear="left"]  :after,
br[clear="right"] :after {
	display: block; //start a new block after (breaks previous inline)
}
br[clear="none"]  :after {clear: none;} //don't move block vertically
br[clear="all"]   :after {clear: both;} //move block vertically if needed
br[clear="left"]  :after {clear: left;}
br[clear="right"] :after {clear: right;}

And if you want to avoid the 1em vertical move, you cannot do it on "br"
alone. You cannot set the correct height on the br element alone, and
there's absolutely no need to try fixing it in Opera the way you did with
the "insert:" style.

If some browser does not support the ":after" pseudo-selector, there's no
already has a null height and null margin by default.