Re: Call for testing new Launchpad Translations code performance

On Nov 22, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Philippe Verdy wrote:

Bruno Patri [mailto:bruno.patri@xxxxxxxxx]
It's actually offtopic. Carlos was asking about future Launchpad
improvements to solve the timeouts issues in translations.

Well, not so much. His message was mostly about the recent launch of a
staging server

That is incorrect: the staging server has existed for over a year. Carlos asked specifically for help in "testing new Translations code performance".

(still bogous, because its security certificate is completely
invalid, and does not pass the HTTPS validation performed in browsers, as it attempts to reuse a certificate made only for the main server, and not suitable for the new specific "staging.*" subdomain.)

I have seen this problem before, but I am unable to reproduce it now. If you have reliable steps to reproduce the problem (i.e. steps that work the second time someone follows them, not just the first time), please report it as a bug <https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+filebug>.

He wanted to announce it so that we use his message to report problems. But this should include all problems with the staging server, otherwise, the test would not be so much useful.

As the new server was recently installed, these things must be corrected for allowing further tests, otherwise the tests will not be enough complete, and things will be released without being really tested.

The opposite is true. It will be helpful for people to verify the performance improvements this week, but the other problems you mentioned are completely unrelated and will be fixed later.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/