Re: KDE 4 translation workflow

Hi Erdal,

Erdal Ronahi [2007-12-29 12:06 +0100]:
> I am interested in the translation workflow for KDE 4 in Launchpad.
> Since Hardy is not open yet for translation it cannot be done at the
> moment. So a few questions:
>
> - Will there be separate language packs for KDE 4 in Kubuntu 8.04?

This largely depends on whether KDE4 will go into main and be
officially supported in Hardy. Jonathan?

If yes, then we could build separate kde packages in principle (this
requires changes in d-i and ubiquity, too, though), or we just put
them into the normal -kde packages. The latter might even make sense
if it is possible to mix KDE 3 and 4 applications (which I assume
works).

If the KDE4 packages stay in universe, we don't have langpack support
for now.

Pitti

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de