Re: PPA Build Error/Tilde In Version

Onkar Shinde wrote:
Will Daniels wrote:
Hi, I just got the following error from the PPA build system:

After installing, the following source dependencies are still unsatisfied:
libmono-addins-gui0.2-cil(inst 0.3~svn.r90520-1 ! >= wanted 0.3)
libmono-addins0.2-cil(inst 0.3~svn.r90520-1 ! >= wanted 0.3)
Source-dependencies not satisfied; skipping monodevelop

I would have thought 0.3~svn.r90520-1 >= 0.3 or am I confused about the
significance of the tilde character in the version? I can't find much
about this with Google, perhaps someone can explain to me whether it's a
bug or how the version naming works here?  Maybe the problem has to do
with the 0.2 in the package name?

Sorry if it's a stupid question!
'~' represents '<'.

You should use 0.3+svn.r90520-1to represent '>'.

Onkar

Thanks William, Onkar & Andrea for answering my question - it makes sense now! So my next question then is if I make an updated package for the dependency in question and upload it to my PPA, can the build system be made to use the updated package from my PPA somehow?

Thanks,
Will