Re: E-mail addresses going public when translating

Gudmund Areskoug wrote:

Perhaps this may not be the reason, but the only place I found where
it's visible via e. g. Google, is in the schooltool.po file. Logging in
via Launchpad, I notice that a) this is most probably where my address
was inserted from, and b) I've been attributed translations I would most
certainly never have approved of.

If we reveal your email address to Google then that is, simply put, a bug.

From a technical point of view email addresses are not private: you transmit it unencrypted for all to read every time you send an email. Nevertheless we make a point of not revealing it to search engines and such. Do you have a URL for the file on launchpad.net that contains your address?

As a secondary issue, when you say you have been attributed these translations, do you mean that individual translation strings on Launchpad have your name next to them? Or that a translation file lists you as a contributor?

Jeroen Vermeulen
Launchpad Translations team