Re: Translations waiting approval

On Jan 16 2008, Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:

Peter Clifton wrote:
I see quite a few people are stuck wondering when their translations
will make it into launchpad for the first time. We're in the same boat
for the geda project.

The end of the year was particularly busy, and reviewing the uploads takes a long time. We've just about worked our way through the backlog now, and removed some of the delays that made this so slow.

Rather than asking "when will mine get done", I'll this way..

(Actually I just discovered it's the very next one on my list, one of the very last!)

[snip]

you'll see an option "See import queue" in the menu on the left. That takes you to the queue view for your project:

  https://translations.launchpad.net/geda/+imports

Sure, that view is easy enough to find.. I was wondering more about whether there was a publicly available view of the "master" list the translation team have to work through

(So when something appears slow, we can tell its because you're busy with a big queue, not that there is some problem).

We've also managed to speed up that view a bit. That rolls out in a week or so, but you can use the "edge" server to see the difference now:

  https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/geda/+imports

One minor remark about your translations: please avoid language codes like "es_ES," "de_DE," "nl_NL" etc. Spain is the "default" country for Spanish, so it's just "es," and similar for Germany and the Netherlands. Adding the redundant language code may hold your uploads for manual review.

Ok, I uploaded them just as in our sources, since as this is how our translators have chosen to commit their language codes. Would you suggest that we changed these to just "es,de and nl" in our sources?

Thanks for your assistance,

Best wishes,

Peter Clifton