Bugs only closed by most recent changelog entries?

Hi,

Recently, mscore was uploaded to hardy. Having been previously published
in my PPA, the needs-packaging bug [0] closure was in the initial
changelog entry, but there had been subsequent updates to the package.
As a result, on upload to Ubuntu, the bug closure information was not in
the most recent entry. The bug was not also closed by the upload.

It therefore seems sane to suggest that these two are linked, and that
bugs are only closed by uploads mentioning them in the most recent
entry. I can see reasons why this is a reasonable decision (for
instance, to have Launchpad check through the entire changelog for bugs,
and ensure those are closed, would presumably place high demands on CPU
time), but am not sure if it is documented anywhere.

Can somebody confirm that my analysis is correct? I did check for
documentation, but did not find any mention of this behaviour.

Thanks,

Toby Smithe

[0] http://launchpad.net/bugs/152650