Re: binary package build

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 02:52 -1000, Tyler Gillies wrote:
> when i try to do dpkg -b directory filename it tells me it can't find
> directory/DEBIAN/control how do i make it look for
> directory/debian/control?

dpkg -b is a call to dpkg-deb to "build" a .deb out of a directory. By
build it means creating the archive, not actually compiling the software
and building it in the sense of dpkg-buildpackage or debuild. What
exactly are you trying to accomplish? I doubt  dpkg -b is what you're
really wanting.

-Jordan