Re: Build Farm Question

Hi Matthias,

The build log only shows the following:
make[3]: Entering directory `/build/buildd/virtuoso-opensource-5.0.3/binsrc/rdf_mappers'
PATH="/build/buildd/virtuoso-opensource-5.0.3/binsrc/virtuoso:/build/buildd/virtuoso-opensource-5.0.3/binsrc/tests:.:$PATH" PORT=1111 HOME="/build/buildd/virtuoso-opensource-5.0.3" HOST=localhost sh ./make_vad.sh

= STARTED RDF Mappers PACKAGING
= Sun Jan 20 22:47:16 UTC 2008

Shutdown Virtuoso Server...
VAD Sticker vad_dav.xml creation...
VAD Sticker vad_fs.xml creation...
Virtuoso.ini creation...
Waiting Virtuoso Server start on port 1111...
./make_vad.sh: 376: netstat: not found
Waiting Virtuoso Server start on port 1111...
./make_vad.sh: 376: netstat: not found
Waiting Virtuoso Server start on port 1111...
./make_vad.sh: 376: netstat: not found
Waiting Virtuoso Server start on port 1111...
./make_vad.sh: 376: netstat: not found

(these last two lines are repeated until the build eventually gets killed)

I don't see any errors in building the server process or anything else previously that would explain why the server doesn't start, so if you don't think it's an issue with binding to the port I guess I should first try to alter this make_vad.sh script to dump the server's log file to stdout or something?

Though I'm quite familiar with linux generally now, I'm still pretty much a novice where make files and such like are concerned and since I can't reproduce the problem locally, I feel like I shouldn't tie up the build servers just uploading packages to "see what happens", so any further comments on the matter would be most welcome...

Thanks,
Will

Matthias Urlichs wrote:
Hi,

Port 1111 is root-only. You need to use some other port.

Bah. Nonsense. Ignore that. I was confused (the magical limit is 1023).

Does the build log say anything about the actual error?