Re: access to Launchpad binaries (was freemat_3.5-0ubuntu1_source.changes rejected)

On Thursday 17 January 2008 18:51:53 Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 10:24:36PM +0000, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> > I wonder if Launchpad could provide the binaries/installer for itself,
> > so users/devs like me could install it on our own servers, and not
> > depend on Canonical
>
> Launchpad's greatest strength is allowing projects to collaborate on
> different types of work. By installing it on your own server, you're
> missing out on that -- and also preventing other projects from
> benefitting from the work you're doing there as well.

Still, I think that even having LP free doesnt fit every user/case.
I would love to use it, internally on our Company, to track projects, and work flow.
Sure, some aspects of LP would need improving and customizations, but that would also be ported to Canonical LP, and make it even better.
We would even use LP on Canonical, IF we could make a project private, or at least more power/customization should be offered to projects admins.
We dont need all feactures of LP, only bugs, and BluePrints.
Complemented with a TimeLine view for tasks, it would make the PERFECT OnLine Project Manager, dont you agree?

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net