Project already exists on launchpad

Hi,

I am one of the developers of the IPython project (ipython.scpy.org).
We would like to create a launchpad ipython project, but it looks like
ipython is already a project on launchpad.  The problem is that none
of the ipython team created this project, so we can't do anything with
it.  The existing ipython project was created by the "Registry
Administrators" and look like it was never used for anything.  Is
there anyway we can begin working with this project.  It would be
silly to have a second ipython project on launchpad.

Thanks

Brian