Re: Project already exists on launchpad

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 03:41:10PM -0700, Brian Granger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am one of the developers of the IPython project (ipython.scpy.org).
> We would like to create a launchpad ipython project, but it looks like
> ipython is already a project on launchpad.  The problem is that none
> of the ipython team created this project, so we can't do anything with
> it.  The existing ipython project was created by the "Registry
> Administrators" and look like it was never used for anything.  Is
> there anyway we can begin working with this project.  It would be
> silly to have a second ipython project on launchpad.

Hello Brian,

    You pointed out something I had missed: that

        https://edge.launchpad.net/~registry

didn't make it clear that this is an administrative team, and that we
are actively looking to hand off projects to their upstream owners. I've
just updated the team description to make it clearer.

It's definitely correct that we want a single ipython registered, and
I've reassigned it to you. Let me know if you need any help with
Launchpad and I'll be happy to assist.

    https://edge.launchpad.net/ipython/

Thanks,
--