Re: Unsubscribe e-mails

Barry Warsaw pisze:
Let me first state that everything I say here is my own opinion and in no way reflects Launchpad or Canonical policy. I'm not an admin on this list so I can't change anything even if I wanted to.

Do you know who is responsible for all mailing lists? (if there is such a person)

I respectfully disagree. Almost none of the mailing lists that I'm on munge reply-to, and that is a lot of lists!

I got used to it on Polish lists, and on usenet few years earlier.
I understand the reasoning about not-munging.
I think that default topic prefixes would still help regardless of munging.

I appreciate your opinion. However, if this changes, there will be just as many if not more complaints from folks on the other side of the argument. Been there, done that. This is not a new debate.

We could always have a vote.

Maybe David Ascher's new Mozilla Messaging company will fix this particular email brokenness once and for all. If he's at the Python conference next month, I'll mention it to him :).

I've found a ReplyToList extension for Thunderbird.
http://www.juergen-ernst.de/addons/index.html
(if anyone is interested)

Besides, maybe some wiki page could be created/expanded to inform about things that were mentioned here?
--
## Przemysław Kulczycki <<>> Azrael Nightwalker ##
# jabber: azrael[na]jabster.pl | tlen: azrael29a #