Re: Unsubscribe e-mails

On 21/02/2008, Bruce Cowan <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There seem to be a large number of people sending "I want to stop
>  getting e-mails" messages. Don't these people realise what they're going
>  to get when they subscribe to this list? It ought to be more clear for
>  them.
>  --
>  Bruce Cowan <bcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I think, for those not so good with English, the mail footer should say

  To stop getting these mails, or to change options, http://............/

I was wondering why there'd been a sudden spate:

 0 - solar flares ;-)

 1 - there's now a fairly big item on the front of Launchpad asking
people to join the beta team, and _that_ page tells you to join the
launchpad-users list, without totally explaining what that means

So I've added some explanation of the consequences of joining the list.

But maybe we should reconsider whether joining that list should be a
requirement or just a suggestion.  After all we presumably do not
enforce it, and cannot enforce that people actually read the posts.

--
Martin