Re: Spam

On a related note:

To those who see messages like the one at the bottom of this bug report:
https://launchpad.net/bugs/177966  (pleas to stop receiving bug mail "spam")

I have seen a few and responded personally to the people wanting to be removed with an email message similar to this:
======
Hello,

I hope no one else has already sent you an email in response to your plea to be removed from the mailing list. If so, sorry for the duplication.

You responded to this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/177966

To stop receiving those emails but continue to have an account on Launchpad, you can go to that page and click on the Unsubscribe link.

To stop receiving emails AND cancel your Launchpad account, you can go to this page: https://launchpad.net/~djmikesolo and click on Change Details, then there is a link at the bottom that says "Deactivate your account" which, deactivates your account.

All the best,

Greg
======

Feel free to use that as a template for your own messages.

Best,

Greg