Re: random people wanting to join ~bzr

Martin Pool schrieb:
> Every so often we get people asking to join the bzr team on Launchpad
> who've never had any previous interaction with us as far as I can
> tell.  I don't know why, and I have not yet had one reply to my mail
> asking them.
>
> I don't want to just let unknown people join because being a member
> does give some privileges such as upload to the PPA and bug tweaking.
>
> Speculation:
>  * want to help with Bazaar development?
>  * want to download Bazaar?
>  * want to get Ubuntu cds?
>  * want to join the Bazaar list?

want to have one more icon in their team list ;)

> We did have some text on http://launchpad.net/~bzr that tried to
> handle the first one; I've just added some more.
>
> Do other Launchpad projects get this too?

Group collectors? Usually I am asking by email, and then reject the request if I
don't get any response. Unfortunately you don't see the communication or  the
reason for declining membership in LP, so users don't see why somebody is
rejected or allowed.

  Matthias