Re: random people wanting to join ~bzr

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Every so often we get people asking to join the bzr team on Launchpad
>  who've never had any previous interaction with us as far as I can
>  tell.  I don't know why, and I have not yet had one reply to my mail
>  asking them.
>
>  I don't want to just let unknown people join because being a member
>  does give some privileges such as upload to the PPA and bug tweaking.
>
>  Speculation:
>   * want to help with Bazaar development?
>   * want to download Bazaar?
>   * want to get Ubuntu cds?
>   * want to join the Bazaar list?

I'm sure many see their own Launchpad home page as an opportunity to
show the projects they support/use or would like to be associated
with.

Some projects have set up an open team (called something like <project
name>-users) that anyone can join.  Give that team a logo and it will
appear on members' LP home page.  This allows them to show their
support for the project without giving them the capabilities endowed
through membership of the moderated/restricted team.

>  We did have some text on http://launchpad.net/~bzr that tried to
>  handle the first one; I've just added some more.
>
>  Do other Launchpad projects get this too?

The ubuntu-wiki team does.  The out-of-the-blue requests are almost
always from people who haven't read the text.

Cheers, Dave.
--
David Symons
Armidale NSW Australia