Re: flamerobin_0.8.6-1ubuntu4~ppa1_source.changes rejected

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 18:55 +0200, marius popa wrote:
> i have deleted flamerobin package from ppa
> then i wanted to create an new one but i get this errors
>
> https://launchpad.net/~mapopa/+archive
>
> MD5 sum of uploaded file does not match existing file in archive
> Files specified in DSC are broken or missing, skipping package unpack
> verification.

When you delete a source package from your ppa, you need to wait until
the automatic garbage collection and removal in launchpad does its
thing. The Packages files are regenerated at least twice every hour but
the source packages may be deleted, in my experience, up to 48 hours
later. You cannot upload the same source package until it has been
removed from your pool directory. Unless you have very good reasons to
remove the source package and upload an identical copy later, it is
better to increase the source revision and upload a diff only package.
(The Debian Policy manual explains this in rather painful detail).

--
Expect the worst; it's the least you can do.