Re: Beta testing: Launchpad is now an OpenID provider

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 17:05:31 Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This month I'd like your help in testing Launchpad's new OpenID feature.
>
> OpenID is an open standard that lets you use one username and password
> to access many different websites. You can use your Launchpad account
> to log into websites that work with OpenID, including:
>
>  * Blogger - to post blog comments
>  * Zoomr - photo sharing
>  * LiveJournal
>  * ma.gnolia.com - social bookmarking.
>
> The OpenID Directory - http://openiddirectory.com/ - has links to more
> sites.
>
> As Launchpad's OpenID support is still in beta, you may come across
> bugs. If so, please report them here, tag them with "openid" and assign
> them to me (flacoste):
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+filebug
>
> You can also find a list of known bugs here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+bugs?field.tag=openid
>
> If you have any questions or feedback about this beta, please email me
> directly. You can also take a look at our user guide, which is on this
> page:
>
> https://help.launchpad.net/OpenID
>
> Before I go, Barry Warsaw - who ran last month's mailing list beta
> test - asked me to thank everyone who took part. As you've probably
> already seen, mailing lists are now available to all teams in Launchpad!
>
> I look forward to hearing your experiences of Launchpad's OpenID feature.

Maybe I'm too picky, but why mascared URI? I would like to have an option to use a well know URI to use on sites.
Can anybody explain to me, why this reached consence?

I have no problem on having a public OpenID URl. Mine is http://id.BUGabundo.net. What's the danger in that?

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net