Re: Closing the flood gates on implicit bug subscriptions

Jordan Mantha [2008-04-04  9:30 -0700]:
> 1) https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/204980 - Allow implicit subscribers
> to explicitly unsubscribe. This would basically solve all the problems
> I'm seeing, however I can imagine Launchpad developers may not want to
> do this.

That might be useful, indeed.

> implicit subscribers when their bug task is marked Invalid (and I would
> add Fix Released). This allows bug contacts to get all relevant emails
> without flooding them once the task is finished.

I wouldn't like that. I often get followups for bugs which got fixed,
about related problems, regressions, or very similar bugs, and I
wouldn't like to miss them.

> 3) https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1342 - Allowing somebody (admin,
> developers, etc.) to delete tasks. This would take care of the problem
> of people inadvertently adding an incorrect task or if we find that the
> task isn't needed. This is a generally useful feature for lowering the
> amount of non-relevant bugmail Launchpad-wide.

Right now the common practice is to set them as invalid, but that's
just a workaround. Deleting tasks would be good IMHO.

Martin

My 5 today: #189611 (jockey), #211057 (wireshark), #210948 (apport),
#211406 (bash), #197819 (jockey, b43-fwcutter)
Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day