Re: PPA - Section 'main' is not valid - what to do?

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 12:19 +0200, Dusan Zatkovsky wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> I am trying to use ubuntu PPA. I have followed steps from
> https://help.launchpad.net/PPAQuickStart ( activated ppa, imported gpg key,
> signed ), but i still can't upload packages.
>
> I have created simple source package and tried to upload it to ppa.
>
> Here is reply mail from ppa:
>

> Rejected:
> test_1.2.3.hardy.ppa.1.dsc: Section 'main' is not valid

The versioning is very wrong, I'm afraid. See the tutorial in the
ubuntu.com wiki, or better yet, read the Debian Policy manual ("apt-get
policy-manual" or at Debian's website). Hint: test_1.2.3-1~hardy1 would
work.

--
Expect the worst; it's the least you can do.