Re: Automation possibilities?

Hi Zed,

Zed A. Shaw wrote:
> I'm in the process of creating some automation to help me do releases
> to my projects.  I talked with Elliot briefly about some APIs you might
> be using, so I was wondering if I could try them out.
>
> My backup plan is to do some web scraping to at least do the uploads
> and announcements.

The first APIs that we are building are for manipulating bugs, we don't
have anything for announcements and uploads at the moment. I think it
should be pretty straightforward to do this though, and I'm happy to
provide answers wherever I can.

One detail you will need: we don't challenge for basic auth but you can
send the headers in order to authenticate, rather than messing about
with cookies in your script.

We have a bunch of python doctests that use zope.testbrowser to test our
pages, if you are interested I can try to dig up some snippets from the
tests for announcements and file uploads to help get you started (dunno
what language you are planning to use).
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/