How to maintain a patched package in a ppa?

Hi all,

I would like to maintain some patch to ubuntu packages in a separate
ppa. Point is that I can provide a patch, but I always have to apply it
manually and re-upload to ppa each time ubuntu package is altered (and I
don't even know how to watch it). Is there a way to provide a debdiff to
a ppa and have it automatically applied, and the package rebuilt, being
notified of success or eventual failuress? That would be a great feature
(next step would be to be able to pull patches from a bzr branch on
launchpad).

Vincenzo