Re: How to maintain a patched package in a ppa?

I agree with you. I don't think its possible, but its possible that
there is something I don't know about.

If it is not currently possible, you can file a bug on Launchpad
itself (and specify the bug number on this launchpad-user list).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/

Cheers,
Cyrus Jones