Re: PPAQuickStart updates?

    Elliot> [...] I'd also like to see Martin Pool's tip about
    Elliot> avoiding accidentally uploading to the wrong archive added
    Elliot> to the docs:
    Elliot> http://sourcefrog.net/weblog/software/launchpad/ppa-dput-protection.html

    Martin> Hmmm...  I was going to add this but decided I wanted to
    Martin> see the message for myself to see if "RELEASE" and
    Martin> "CURRENT" are placeholders or literal text in Martin's
    Martin> statement:

    Martin>   [...] get an odd message of Not permitted to upload to the RELEASE
    Martin>   pocket in a series in the 'CURRENT' state.

    Martin> So, I try this...

    Martin> --------8<---------8<-------- CUT HERE --------8<---------8<--------
    Martin> martins@rover:~/downloads/f-spot$ dput f-spot_0.4.2-1ubuntu4~ppa1_source.changes
    Martin> Upload package to host ubuntu
    Martin> [...]
    Martin> Successfully uploaded packages.
    Martin> Not running dinstall.
    Martin> --------8<---------8<-------- CUT HERE --------8<---------8<--------

    Martin> Should I have been able to do that?  Shouldn't I have got the error
    Martin> Martin described?  Did something bad just happen?

Oh crap...  the "message" that Martin talks about is an email message
rather than something that gets printed by dput.  I suspected this but
didn't wait long enough for it to arrive.  :-(

Sorry about that!

Oh well, it did give me a chance to clarify things a bit when I add
the info to PPAQuickStart...  :-)

Done now...

peace & happiness,
martin