Re: [Mscore-developer] First impressions of MuseScore

It's frustrating the Google Mail doesn't allow you to change subject
line halfway through a thread. This topic is about the MuseScore
notation project [0] and Launchpad.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Thomas Bonte <thomas.bonte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Toby, since you are a LP user, perhaps you could tell us how MuseScore could
> use the LP translation system
> (https://translations.launchpad.net/musescore). Do you know how this works
> and integrates with the code repository?

I'm not sure how translation works, but as I understand it, the
developers upload template files, and the Launchpad interface
generates po files from suggestions.

> This might influence to choice of the issue tracker a lot I guess. The
> adoption of MuseScore can depend a lot on the number of supported languages.

Indeed.

Many Ubuntu users are also familiar with the LP interface, which -
once you get used to it - makes a lot of sense; I find it to be far
more congenial than either the Google or SF.net facilities. URLs are a
lot prettier, too :)

If the project is interested in moving the issue tracker to Launchpad,
the LP developers/admins are very helpful in migrating data from
Google/SF as necessary. In fact, having thought that, I will CC the
launchpad-users mailing list.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Thomas Bonte <thomas.bonte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed that the vcs for musescore is currently in pending status
> (https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/musescore/trunk). What would need
> to be done to actually import it?

I'm not sure. I wonder if the LP people could check that out?

> My main question however goes to the adoption of the issue tracker. Almost
> everyone has a google account so becoming a member is real easy. Second, the
> google code interface is easier to use as well. It's a challenge to find
> your way through LP, even for a developer. But on the other hand, LP has rss
> feeds which I really miss with Google Code.

I'm sure people would be interested to hear your thoughts on the
difficulties of Launchpad :)

launchpad-users, could you CC replies, as I'm not subscribed to that
list, and I'm sure many other interested parties are neither.

[0] http://mscore.sourceforge.net