Re: [Mscore-developer] First impressions of MuseScore

Hi Toby,

I'm a member of the Launchpad Bug Tracker team. I'm responsible for
dealing with importing bugs from other trackers, so I wanted to chime in
on this thread about one of the things you mentioned below.

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 06:21:40PM +0100, Toby Smithe wrote:
> If the project is interested in moving the issue tracker to Launchpad,
> the LP developers/admins are very helpful in migrating data from
> Google/SF as necessary. In fact, having thought that, I will CC the
> launchpad-users mailing list.

We'd be happy to help. The process of importing bugs from SourceForge is
actually pretty simple. We have a tool which we use to create an XML
file which Launchpad can then import. Once we've got that we can test it
on our demo Launchpad instance at http://demo.launchpad.net. Your team
can then check the imported bugs to ensure that they've been imported
correctly and that everything makes sense. Once that's done we can
import it into Launchpad proper.

The length of time the process takes varies depending on how many bugs
there are to import (according to SourceForge there are 56 bugs, 47
feature requests and 4 support requests for MuseScore, which should be
fairly quick to import) and on any changes that you feel may need making
to the imported data before we do the import to the production Launchpad
instance.

Please feel free to let me know if you've got any questions.

Cheers,

Graham

--
Graham Binns